Samosadilla Recipe is a great choice for those who need to get some samosa quickly with some peas love. Besides regular samosa recipes, this Samosadilla is a way simpler and easier to cook. It doesn’t involve a mess of assembling and deep-frying. It features a quesadilla approach.
Prep Time: 60 Mints.
Serving: 6 servings
- 6 flour tortillas Large size.
- 1 tbs olive oil.
- 1 tbs butter.
- 1 large yellow onion, diced.
- 3 cloves finely chopped garlic.
- 1 minced Serrano chile.
- 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger.
- 1 tsp kosher salt plus more to taste.
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala.
- 1 tsp ground cumin.
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander.
- 1/2 tsp turmeric.
- 1/4 tsp cayenne.
- 1 cup of green peas.
- 1 1/2 pounds cubed Yukon gold potatoes, cooked until tender in salted water.
- 2 tbs chopped cilantro.
- Juice from 1 lemon.
- Salt to taste once mixed.
For the Cilantro Lime Chutney Sauce:
- 1 large or 2 small bunches fresh cilantro.
- 1/3 cup fresh-picked mint leaves.
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions.
- 1 sliced Serrano chile.
- 1 or 2 limes, juiced.
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt.
- pinch of salt, optional.
How To Make Samosadilla:
- Cube up some potatoes and boil it with some salt to get it a bit softened.
- Saute one diced onion over medium heat and olive oil and soften it.
- Get some kosher salt, some garam masala, some cumin, some ground coriander, some turmeric, some cayenne.
- Add Serrano chili, crushed garlic, and ginger, and the spice blend with onions, and cook it for about two minutes.
- Now add some green peas in the mixture. and stir it till the peas soften up.
- Mix up potatoes with spiced onion pea mixture.
- Add some freshly chopped cilantro and some lemon juice into this.
- Now the filling is done you can have your Samosadilla ready right after adding it in flour tortillas.
Hope so you have liked Samosadilla recipe. If so make sure to leave us your views on it in the comments section below. As it means a lot to us! Here is the video guide over it for your better understanding!